Sunday, May 5, 2013

Monday, June 11, 2012

     Since my Momma went to heaven, I've received these e-mails every day for a year.  They are from "Griefshare.com" and it has been a huge blessing!  Grief is a daily part of my life and it doesn't get any easier (like so many say to try and encourage you), however my hope and joy, despite the pain,  is in Jesus!  I refuse to be "stuck" in grief and know the Lord has called me to "press on" (Philippians 3:13-14)  for Him!  I don't want to miss anything He has for me (that is, to be used by Him, for His glory!) and trust that He works all things together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose!  (Romans 8:28)
     One of the reasons I know He has taken our family through different seasons of grief,  is so that we can comfort others and relate to them, with His love,  when they experience loss.  (2 Corinthians 1:3-5)   Wow, He has already given us several opportunities in this, just within the last year.  We're convinced He's calling us into this as a "ministry" and are not sure at this point, what that will look like, but for now, the Lord just brings people our way who are going through loss and grief.  We are soooo blessed to walk through the journey with others who are hurting.  I never thought I would love to "hang out" with others who are stricken with suffering, pain and grief!   All we can do is listen to them and pray with them.   And then...share His promises (Revelation 21:3-4), His hope (Romans 5:13),  His peace (Ephesians 2:14) , His joy (Hebrews 12:2, James 1:2), and His love (Galatians 2:20, 1 John 3:1 & 4:10), and the truth that He has gone through any painful thing we will ever experience here on planet earth (Philippians 2:5-8).   Whoah---it's so amazing where Jesus takes you and I wouldn't trade any of it, for the way He continues to refine me, teaching me to trust Him and love Him more and more.  (John 14:1-3)
      
     I highly recommend Grief Share, although I have not gone through the 13 week course, my dad did, and he said it was so helpful after the loss of his beloved wife.  When you first look it up on-line, it doesn't even appear to be a Christian organization, however  the more you click, you see that GreifShare is based on God's Word.  They lay out the Gospel clearly and state that the first step toward healing is a relationship with Jesus Christ.   If you, or someone you know has suffered the loss of a loved one, I recommend checking it out!    Below is an example of one of the daily e-mails.  There are GriefShare groups that meet at churches across the entire country.  Our culture ignores death for the most part and I've even found that many Christians do not like to talk about it either!   That amazes me, however, before we lost babies and my momma, I didn't think about it much either.   Man, I can't stop talking about heaven and my kids can hardly wait until we're all HOME together....we'll be singing His unending praise, surrounded by the glory of our loving Savior, Redeemer, God and King-Jesus Christ!  Hallelujah!

"Amen!
Praise and glory
and wisdom and thanks and honor
and power and strength
be to our God for ever and ever.
Amen!"      Revelation 7:12

Great Books for Kids:

Someone I Love Died 

Heaven   by Anne Graham Lotz

Mommy, Please Don't Cry     by Linda Deymaz

I'll Hold You in Heaven   by Debbie Heydrick 



Set Apart Through Grief
Day 264

Many people become wiser, more humane, more compassionate, more fully human after experiencing grief. In this way, grief sets you apart. People who have gone through it are different.

"It will change you," says Sylvia, whose parents died. "You will do a 180-degree turn. When you go to a funeral home, from then on you will know what those people are going through; you'll know what you can do to help them.

"Before that, I would go shake hands, go to the line and say, 'I'm sorry.' And I didn't understand. But after you've lost a loved one, you have a totally different concept of what they're going through. I think you can be a better minister, and I think God gives you some of these things to use in your own personal ministry. So it will change you."

Change is difficult, and all people experience change throughout their lives. God, though, remains the same-a solid refuge and fortress.

"I the Lord do not change" (Malachi 3:6).

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8).

Sovereign God, You never change. I can put my anchor in You and know I will remain secure. Lord, I want You to be the foundation of my life so that I will make it through life's difficult times. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment