Sunday, May 5, 2013

Rock and Roll 2011!

JUNE 2011

Hi Everyone--

As we continue to remember my amazing mother, grieve the loss of her presence with us in this life, yet also rejoice; knowing she IS healed and HOME with Jesus (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18), our God and Savior (knowing that through faith in Him, we will be reunited with her one day! Ephesians 2:4); I have been training for a 1/2 marathon in her honor! I will be running with "TeamHope" in the Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon & 1/2 on June 25th. Would you consider donating a few dollars in my mom's honor to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network? More information is available on the web sight.
Type in: iamteamhope.org
Click on: donate to participant
Write in participant's name: Joanna Shook
Read about why I am running in this race and what the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network does to research the disease, fight the disease, and support those living with the disease.

We are wholeheartedly thankful for your support, prayers, cards, e-mails, meals and many donations made in honor of Judy! We are also grateful to all who were able to pray and/or attend my Mom's funeral service, which turned out to truly be a celebration of her life and a testimony to her unwavering FAITH and HOPE in Jesus Christ. One of the last things I said to my mom was, "I love you Mom & I'll see you there...." (Check out Revelation 21:3-4/Philippians 4:20!) Sometimes I can hardly wait, but in the meantime, I am encouraged live for Christ now, desire to share the good news of His love & grace poured out for us through his death on the cross & the hope of life everlasting because of His resurrection, and ultimately, I hope to leave a legacy of faith in Him for my kids; following in my mom's footsteps!

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." ---John 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment