Sunday, May 5, 2013

This is not our Home


From the (In)Courage Blog-

SOME DAYS the world threatens to make me fold in on myself.

Not because of daily stress
or the mundane of life that can eat at our soul.

But the big stuff.
The stuff I feel so helpless to help.

I can’t help the woman in Guatemala
who is near death from a back alley abortion
who got so desperate for the abortion
because of the threat of being kicked out into the slums
just for being pregnant
and is pregnant from being assaulted.

If she had come to me, what would I have told her?

Would I tell her to keep her child, because I believe in life and
tell her that her other three children at home will be ok
without her
and that
she will not die on the streets?

Do I tell her it’s unfair abortion is illegal in her country
and help fight for her right to get an abortion if this should happen again
even though I feel that is wrong?

Where was the church when she was hopeless and without options?
Where was I?

There are people everywhere, in every country, on every street.
Living without hope.
It feels so heavy hearing them breathe.

Where do we go
and what do we say
when nothing will fix it?

When there are no answers?

We hear the Earth groan in labor
and can feel the vibrations of the soil
crying out in expectation of Salvation.

And we can only say Lord, come quick.
Jesus heal.
Jesus redeem.
Jesus save.

And we remind ourselves that as big as all the poverty and hurt and soul ravaging, is.
It is still not bigger than God.
His peace still surpasses all.
His Heart in me comforts me that it’s all under His care.
His Spirit will show me what to do.

His hands hold it all.
In His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment